• Begin by lying on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
• Hold a dumbbell in each hand, keeping the weights directly above your chest with your palms facing away from you.
• Engage your abdominal muscles and glutes, raise your hips off the floor by extending your hips upward while pushing down through your heels to create a straight line from your knees to shoulders.
• Then, press the weights straight up above your chest.
• Hold the pose and release back to the start position.
• Keep your shoulders on the floor to protect your neck.
• Make sure you are driving straight up and that your knees aren’t caving in.
• Do not hyper-extend your back as you reach the top of the movement.
• Imagine there’s a vertical string pulling your belly button straight up.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hip flexors, hamstrings, quads, abs, chest, shoulders and triceps.