• Begin by lying flat on the mat with knees bent and feet firmly planted on floor, extend elbows to a 90° angle position, triceps resting on floor, while holding dumbbells above your chest.
• Use your chest to push the dumbbells up toward ceiling so that your arms are directly over your shoulders and your palms are up.
• Hold for a second and then begin lowering the dumbbells down slowly to the side.
• Repeat the movement for the desired number of repetitions.
• Be sure to drive shoulder blades into the ground to power the press.
• Be sure to pause at the bottom of the lift, negating the stretch reflex.
You should feel your:
• Chest, shoulders, abs and triceps.