lower, strength, low impact
• Stand tall with your feet shoulder-width apart and pointing straight ahead. Keep both arms straight out directly in front of you with a chair behind you.
• Start to lower your body towards the seat of the chair by bending your knees to 90°, pushing your body weight into your heels.
• As your butt touches down onto the chair, and lift yourself back to standing.
• Keep your chest up, back flat and look ahead.
• Avoid rounding your shoulders and back.
• Do not let your knees collapse to the inside or go over your toes.
• Squeezing the glutes at the top of the movement to engage the muscles.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings and quads.