Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
• Place your hands lightly on your thighs.
• Tilt your chin slightly, leaving a few inches of space between your chin and your chest.
• As you breathe out, contract your abdominal muscles and curl up so that your head, neck, and shoulder blades lift off the floor. Your lower back should remain on the floor.
• At the top of the movement, squeeze your abs tight and hold the contraction for 2 counts.
• Breathe in and slowly lower down to the starting position.
• Do not lock your fingers behind your head.
• Focus on slow, controlled movement. Do not cheat yourself by using momentum.
• Don’t yank your neck, you don't want your hands and arms helping you do the crunch.
You should feel your:
• Upper abs.