Strength, Low Impact
• Begin by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart, place your left hand on the chair for support.
• Put all the weight in your left leg, keeping both legs straight, lift your right leg directly behind you extending as far back as you can, squeezing your right glute.
• Hold the pose and lower your right leg back to starting position and repeat.
• Complete the desired number of repetitions, then repeat the exercise by lifting your left leg behind you.
• Do not swing your leg back in an attempt to gain momentum and accomplish the exercise.
• Do not let your body do any sort of twisting motion.
• Do not just let your leg fall down to the starting position. Engage your core and slowly lower your leg in a controlled manner.
You should feel your:
• Glutes, hamstrings, and quads.