Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie down on the floor with your back pressed against the floor and extend your hands overhead, legs straight, slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
• As you breathe out, crunch up, raise the left leg and right hand up to touch each other.
• Hold for a count and feel the contraction in your abdominal muscles.
• Breathe in and release back to starting position.
• Repeat on the other side, raising the right leg and left hand up to touch each other. That’s one rep.
• Remember to keep your arms and legs straight. Avoid bending your knees.
• If you cannot touch your toes just aim to reach as far as you can.
• Do not just let your legs and arms fall. Keep your core tight to slowly lower them down, while resisting the force of gravity.
You should feel your:
• Lower abs, back, hamstrings and hip flexors.