Core conditioning, low impact
• Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor, hip-width apart.
• Place your hands, palms down, on the floor beside you.
• Lift your shoulders off the ground by contracting your abdominal muscles. Your lower back should remain on the floor.
• Maintaining this position, reach down to touch your right heel with your right hand, return to the middle and reach down to touch your left heel with your left hand. That’s one rep.
• Keep moving side to side with your shoulders lifted off the ground.
• Do not let your lower back lift off the floor.
• Don’t strain your neck, keep it relaxed and look straight ahead.
• Don’t hold your breath! Breathe as you move your arms.
You should feel your:
• External and internal obliques.