Dates are high in natural sugar, which can help to re-energize the body and help with healthy digestion, especially after long hours of fasting.
Whether or not you are fasting, dates make a great healthy snack and can be included as part of a balanced diet. They are delicious on their own but let’s make it fun with these 3 really simple ways. All the ingredients are interchangeable, what’s most important is of course the Medjool Dates or any other types of dates.
1) 24 Medjool Dates – 20Cals per pitted date
2) 100g Dark Chocolate Block – 515Cals
3) 16 Whole Almond Nuts – 7Cals each
4) 4 tsps. Peanut Butter – 15Cals per ½ tsp.
5) 1 tbsp. Goji Berries – 18Cals per tbsp. (24g)
6) 1 tbsp. Pumpkin Seeds – 18Cals per tbsp. (30g)
7) 1 – 2 tbsps. Coconut Sprinkles – (10g)
8) 1 – 2 tbsps. Crushed Almond (27g for 3 tbsps.)
Dates with Almond – 34Cals each (66.2Cals with chocolate)
Dates with Peanut Butter – 35Cals each (67.2Cals with Chocolate)
Dates with Goji + Pumpkin – 24.5Cals (56.7Cals with Chocolate)
1) Cut a slit in each date and remove the pit.
2) Then Stuff the dates with whatever you’d like Because Medjool dates are huge, I’m gonna fill up 8 dates with 2 almond nuts each, 8 dates with ½ tsp. of peanut better each and the remaining 8 dates with a mixture of pumpkin seeds and goji berries. and squeeze them shut as best you can.
3) Arrange all stuffed dates on a parchment-lined tray and place in the fridge for about 10 minutes, just to harden slightly.
4) In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate using a double boiler.
5) Remove the dates from the fridge. Place 1/3 of the stuffed dates on a tray and they are ready to be served.
6) As for the rest of the dates, we want to dip them with chocolate. This is the fun and messy part. You can use two sticks or forks, whatever method works for you. If you don’t want to add any toppings, the dates are pretty much ready.
7) If you want to add topping, then dip the date immediately into the coconut sprinkle and also the crushed almonds. You want to work fast, because the melted chocolate tends to harden quite quickly.
8) Place them onto a parchment-lined tray and allow them to completely firm up for 5 – 10 minutes.
Keep them in the fridge until ready to be served. They would last a long time in the fridge. These stuffed dates look absolutely tempting. They are excellent high-energy snacks or a light dessert after dinner. Just like any treats, remember to have them in moderation.