I am going to share with you some easy, quick and delicious plus healthy desserts just for you. All these desserts can be made for party and there is no baking required.
Lets see what we have:
1) No-Bake Berry Cheesecake (6 servings)
There are three layers in these mini cheese cake.
1. 1 cup / 150g of Medjool Dates – 415.5cals
2. 1/4 c. Peanut Butter (65g) – 380cals
1. Pre-soak pitted dates overnight.
2. Add dates into food processor and grind.
3. Add peanut butter in and grind until the mixture smooth.
4. Place only ¾ of the crust mixture evenly into the silicon plastic tray and allow the crust to set in the freezer.
5. Mix the remaining mixture with 1 tsp of cocoa powder.
6. Press the cocoa mixture down into small block and set the cocoa block in the freezer as well (we will be using this for the second recipe).
Total Cals – 795.5cals (use ¾ of it – 596.6cals)
1. 1 cup (140g) cashews, soaked 2 to 4 hours and drained (or 2 cups) – 812cals
2. 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (28g) – 234cals
3. 2 tablespoons lemon juice (juice from 1 lemon) – 7cals
4. 2 tablespoons raw honey (42g) – 128cals
5. 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (2g) – 6cals
1. Melt the pure coconut oil using a double boiler.
2. Pre-soak your cashew nuts overnight or at least 4 hours.
3. Grind the cashew nuts until fine.
4. Add lemon juice, melted coconut oil, 2 tablespoons. of honey, half a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract in and grind all the ingredients until smooth.
5. Remove the muffin tray from the freezer and add the cheese layer onto the crust.
6. Put the tray back to the freezer and allow it the set in the freezer.
Total cals – 1187cals
3) Berry Blueberry Sauce (or use blueberry Jam)
1. 2/3 cup / 100g of Frozen berries thawed and mashed – 34cals
2. 1 tsp of honey (21g) – 22cals
1. Mix the honey and berries in a pan under low heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Allow the mix berries to cool down for 10 minutes.
3. Once cool, add to the final layer of the cheese cake.
4. Place it back into the freezer and allow it to set in the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Total Cals – 56cals
Total = 1839.6cals (Per serving = 306.6cals)
2) Heavenly Chocolate Mousse Brownie Trifle (5 Servings)
1) Silken Tofu – 1 block (300g) – 132cals
2) 1 block of 100g Dark chocolate (480cals)
3) Soy milk – 30ml – 15cals
1. Melt entire chocolate bar using a double boiler.
2. Blend silken tofu with melted chocolate.
3. Add a splash of milk if the mixture is too thick.
4. Pour the mixture into 5 small dessert glasses.
5. Set the chocolate mousses in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight.
6. Remove the chocolate fudge(that we made in the first recipe) from the freezer and slice it into small blocks.
7. Top your chocolate mousses with chocolate fudge.
Total - 627Cals
Crust Cals – 198.8Cals + 1tsp of Cocoa powder (17.75cals) = 216.55Cals
Total Cals = 843.55Cals / Per Serving = 168.71Cals
3) BuburChacha (5 servings)
BuburChacha is a type of dessert from Malaysia. BuburChacha is like a rice pudding in the western country but it's made of healthy ingedients such as pumpkin, sweet potato, ginger and coconut milk. BuburChacha can be served hot or cold.
1) Sweet Potato – 300g – 258cals
2) Sago – 70g – 248cals
3) Pumpkin – 300g – 78cals
4) Brown Sugar (35g) – 127.4 (100g - 364cals)
5) Coconut Milk – 200ml (1/2 can) – 260cals
7) Crushed Ginger Root
1. Boil the pumpkin and sweet potato in a large pot for 20-30 minutes until tender.
2. In the meantime, soak Tapioca pearls in water for 10-15 minutes and drain.
3. Once the sweet potato and pumpkin are tender, drain majority of the water off, leaving enough to cover the ingredients and to dissolve the brown sugar bar.
4. Add brown sugar bar and crushed ginger and stir it until dissolves.
5. Reduce heat and add Tapioca Pearls in and stir well.
6. Add half a can of coconut milk, stir and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes under low heat.
Total Cals: 971.4cals / Per Serving: 194.3Cals
I understand that there are a lot of negative remarks of brown sugar, but this brown sugar bars are actually made from unrefined cane sugar. According to Chinese traditional medicine experts, it provides warmness throughout women’s body especially the stomach, improve blood circulation and relieve pain. It’s especially beneficial to women who had just given birth or have an irregular menstrual cycle.
With Coconut milk, it is very rich in vitamins and minerals. It is a great dairy substitute and commonly consumed in asian but high in calories. So consume them in small amount.
Remember, healthy food doesn't mean low in calorie. So enjoy them in moderation as part of your balance diet. Make them for your family or friends and enjoy!