1) 2 packs of 23g Strawberry or Raspberry Jelly (65cals)
2) 1 can of lychees in natural syrup (200cals)
3) 15 dark jelly beans (60cals)
4) 6 whole blanched almonds (40cals)
5) Red Food Colouring
To make the marzipan:
1) 3 tablespoon of honey (192cals)
2) ¾ cup of blanched almonds / 130g (814cals)
Total: 1371 cals / 137 cals per servings
1) Place 2 packs of jelly powder into a bowl / measuring cup. Add 570ml of boiling water and stir continuously until dissolved.
2) Drain the lychees, reserving the juice. Put the juice in a measuring jug and make up to 570ml with cold water. Add to the dissolved jelly.
3) Pour about a quarter of the jelly into a clear glass dish and place in the fridge to set.
4) To make the eye balls. Take a lychee and gently place a jelly bean into the centre. Repeat with the remaining lychees and jelly beans to make 14 – 15 eye balls.
5) To make your own marzipan, add 1 cup of blanched almonds into the food processor and grind until smooth. Then add 3 tbsp of honey into and grid. What you’ll get is a sticky mixture, which is your healthy marzipan with only 2 ingredients and it’s ready to be molded into the spooky fingers.
6) To make the spooky fingers, shape the marzipan into 10 sausages the size of a finger. Pipe a little red gel at one end and attach an almond to represent a fingernail. Using a small knife mark three or four lines half way down the finger to make a knuckle.
7) When the jelly is set, arrange half the eyeballs over the surface, add more jelly and return to the fridge.
8) When this has set, arrange the remaining eyeballs over the jelly. Place the spooky fingers against the side of the bowl. Pour over the remaining jelly and place in the fridge to set. Serve in the bowl.