What is a Plant Based Diet?
What is a Plant-Based Diet? Is it vegetarian? Vegan? Can you eat meat? Well, the truth is that, the definitely of a plant-based diet defers on who you ask. Generally, it is an eating method that emphasises on eating more real, whole foods that comes from plants. To me, plant-based does not mean completely eliminating lean sources of protein.
A plant-based diet promotes INCLUSIVITY over EXCLUSIVITY. So I’m not asking you to completed eliminate a food group, or restricting what you can eat such as no carbs or low fat, but rather, it’s about consuming a well-balanced diet that emphasises on the consumption of healthy real plant-foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, legumes, healthy fats, while reducing the intake of unhealthy plant foods as well as animal products. That’s what this 4-Week Whole Food Plant Based Meal Plan is all about! I’ve created this meal plan to be mostly plant-based, but with one meat recipe on every alternate day.
If you have been struggling to make a transition to eat better or you have failed in all sorts of different diets out there, then the plant-based approach may suit you. Even if you do 70/30 plant-based eating, your body will feel a difference. You will be less bloated, have more energy, you’ll have better focus and your cravings for junk foods will reduce. This is a holistic approach to better health, but in a simple and actionable way that won’t overwhelm you, plus this is LONG TERM.
7 Simple Steps to Make the Transition:
- Eat more veggies, more often whenever you can.
- Emphasise real whole foods versus processed ones.
- Fill up on a salad or veggie-heavy soup before your main meal.
- Switch your typical portion sizes for meat with vegetables. So your plate should be filled up with vegetables first.
- Snack on nuts and seeds for more fibre and protein. But be aware of your portion!
- Drink unsweetened coffee and tea, or cut down the amount of added sugar.
- Enjoy sweets and treats in smaller amounts and avoid stocking them up at home!
>> Download PDF <<