Living your BEST life starts by first learning to look after yourself. I live by these 7 core principles; something I’m constantly trying to improve on.
- BREATHE - it seems obvious but no many of us are doing it. We get through our days stressing out and we don’t even stop for a moment to breathe properly. Connecting with our breaths can help with relaxation, better focus and improve emotional awareness.
- SLEEP - At least 7 to 9 hours! And the quality of your sleep matters. Sleep is crucial both for your mental and physical recovery and performance. If you don’t get enough sleep, you’ll find that you struggle through your daily activities. So don’t take your sleep for granted!
- DRINK WATER - Duuuuhhh! But guess what?! Most of us are dehydrated! If you’re trying to lose weight, improve your skin health, digestion and overall well being, the first step to take is to make sure you’re drinking enough water! Aim for at least 2.5 - 3L daily.
- NOURISH - Eat whole and real food. Aim for more plant based food and keep it colourful. Make food your medicine. It is not about eating less, it is about eating RIGHT. Enjoy everything in moderation.
- MOVE - You don’t need to plan a structured workout or hit the gym, if that’s not your thing. But you have to MOVE daily. That’s what our body is designed to do. So dance, hike, climb, cycling, play - whatever you feel like doing and make it fun!
- BE WITH NATURE - If you’re reading this, you probably spend too much time indoors and in front of the screen. Unplug, get out and connect with nature! Nature heals and can improve our psychological wellbeing.
- GIVE THANKS - Being thankful gives meaning, joy and fulfillment to your life. Your life is a reflection of what you put out. The more grateful you are, the more you’ll be blessed with.
What are the values you live by?